Wednesday, August 21, 2013

Welcome to a Brand-NEW year!

I had a great summer visiting with my grandchildren, and now I am so excited to spend the year learning with your sweet children! Second grade is a fun year and I think we are off to a great start!
   This week we have done a few parts of the new reading program as the students settle in. Next week we will really start working on "The Twin Club" and explore what communities are like in rural, suburban and urban areas. No spelling test this week-I will post the homework for spelling over the weekend and the test will be next Friday.
   We have been doing placement testing and reviewing math concepts this week. I have the first math homework packet ready to go home on Thursday (Back-to-School Night) and will send it home Friday for those of you who are unable to attend. The students have until the end of September to complete this homework. Most of it is easy review of first grade. The 5 sticker reward is a great motivator!!
   I have really enjoyed these first few days. Our class is adorable and I look forward to a great year!

No comments:

Post a Comment